While testing another IP PBX product I found some bugs in my applications that I have now fixed. While fixing these bugs I also finished some additional changes that I have been working on. I also added an additional method of determining if an account is valid or not that I found while testing the other PBX product.
I found a security hole in the Asterisk SIP implementation last week. I was happy to hear that it has already been patched and released. The vulnerability allows an attacker to determine whether a given username is valid or not. With knowledge of existing usernames a more efficient password guessing attack can be mounted against the system.