Thank’s to some great effort put into the smb libraries by the folks over at nmap-dev, porting mbenum to Nmap wasn’t as hard as I’ve imagined. A first version has been committed to subversion a while ago but I forgot to publish this blog post at the time. Feel free to try it out! If you haven’t used mbenum before it’s a tool that allows you to get a good picture of a network by querying a single system.
Mbenum or the Nmap script smb-mbenum relies on being able to query the master browser for a particular domain or workgroup. You can find the master browser by sending a netbios query for the __MSBROWSE__ name. The Nmap script broadcast-netbios-master-browser can be used to identify the master browser for your broadcast domain by sending a netbios query to the broadcast address.
I just posted 15 new nmap scripts to the nmap-dev mailing list. For anyone curios to check them out have a look over here. I’ve been working on these new scripts for a while and they add yet more database support to nmap allowing users to perform password guessing against both Oracle and Informix servers. In addition custom SQL queries can be made to Informix servers directly from nmap.
I’ve also created a number of scripts which can be suitable when pen testing Lotus Domino. These scripts include support for collecting Internet password hashes and user ID files. ID files can be collected both as an authenticated user from the person web view or unauthenticated using the vulnerability CVE-2006-5835. Oh, and you can add Lotus Domino 8.5 to the list of vulnerable versions in that advisory. There are also two scripts that allow you to interact with the IBM Lotus Domino remote console. One script allows for password guessing, while the other one allows you to interact with the console ones your authenticated.
There’s a tiny script in the zip file that supports querying for registered objects in a ORB Naming Service using the GIOP protocol.
Last but not least I’ve created a framework for other password guessing scripts to use. The framework runs using multiple worker threads and does all the looping, iteration and other basic logic used by most of my previous brute scripts.
The zip file included in the nmap-dev post can be downloaded from here. Please help me out testing the scripts so that they can be added to the subversion version of nmap!
During the development of my AFP library for Nmap I came a cross a critical vulnerability in Apple’s implementation of AFP on Snow Leopard. The vulnerability occurs due to improper input validation and allows an attacker to access (list, read, and/or write) files in the parent directory of any AFP sharepoint.
I received a bug report for my Nmap nfs-showmount script a few days ago. I ended up re-writing the whole thing as it was my first script, which is short for “ugly as hell”. I moved all NFS and RPC stuff into a new library called rpc.lua and added some more functionality as well.
I’ve also added two more scripts that make use of the library nfs-get-stats and nfs-get-dirlist. The first retrieves disk usage for each export and the second lists files on a share. They’re both available from the nmap-scripts page as usual.
I’ve just added some code to my Nmap MySQL library that enables query support. With this code in place it’s possible to run queries against MySQL directly from a Nmap script. In order to illustrate this I’ve added three scripts: mysql-list-users, mysql-list-databases and mysql-show-variables.
While messing around with the library I also cleaned up the code for mysql-brute and mysql-empty-password. All of the scripts that query the database obviously require credentials to do so. These can be provided on the command line using script arguments mysqluser and mysqlpassword or by running the mysql-brute or mysql-empty-password on the same time. There are dependencies set up so that the query scripts wait until these two scripts have collected the credentials. Here’s some sample output from the scripts …
Two more scripts of my scripts were added to the development release of nmap, afp-showmount and dns-service-discovery. You can try them out either by downloading them from the nmap-scripts page or by checking out the latest development release over here.
I found a bug in the Nmap SNMP scripts that would trigger an endless loop if the MIB that they attempt to walk does not exist. This would occur if they’re run against anything else than Windows. I’ve now addressed this and released a 0.2 version of them. They’re available from the nmap-scripts page.
I’ve update the nmap-script page with two scripts for MySQL. The first simply checks whether the root user has a blank password set. The second script allows to perform online password guessing against MySql.